GLOBAL COMMUNICATION INFRASTRUCTURE
We are looking for an enthusiastic all-rounder to join the Xtera Product Design team to develop state of the art telecommunications equipment for use in subsea cable systems. This encompasses both high reliability submerged and terrestrial equipment. The role involves working with a broad range of products that contain a mix of electronic and electro-optic technologies.
- Design of circuits to provide the functionality required for a particular product.
- Use of schematic tools to capture circuit designs.
- Experience of the processes of PCB layout and manufacturing, and PCB population.
- Generation of appropriate documentation.
- The ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and written, for the presentation of new designs in peer reviews and formal product reviews.
- Review and provide input to designs being developed by peers, throughout the design cycle.
- Digital electronics – microcontrollers, memory devices, FPGAs (VHDL, from specification through to verification), serial interfaces – SPI, I2C and Ethernet.
- Analogue electronics – op-amps, filters, DC-DC convertors, ADCs, and DACs.
- Electro-Optics – Lasers, PINs, Modulators.
Honours Degree in Electronics Engineering or Physics with Electronics.
This position would suit a graduate with 2 or more years’ experience of product development in the telecommunications sector.
This exciting role is offered where flexible working hours and remote-working are possible. A certain level of travel may be necessary both in the UK and abroad.
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than necessary when applying for any of our roles. Click here to find out more on our GDPR policy.