GLOBAL COMMUNICATION INFRASTRUCTURE
This is a challenging role, and we are looking for a Systems Administrator who will service our in-house and cloud-based infrastructure.
The Systems Administrator operates under the Director of Information Technology. The Systems Administrator is responsible for installing, maintaining, upgrading, and patching server software, applications, and hardware to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently. The Systems Administrator is the first point of contact for any IT related questions/issues and provides hands on technical support. This position requires interacting with all levels of team members within our global organization, including external parties, over multiple time zones.
The person in this position works under general supervision, is responsible for various shifts, may be subject to over 40 hours per week and/or callback as required, and may also be required to travel as necessary.
The successful applicant will be ambitious, highly motivated and have superb communications skills. You will be responsible for the overall management of the hardware and software systems that encompass our environment including but not limited to:
- Configure, maintain, and monitor existing infrastructure and ensure that it is functioning correctly.
- Ensure the security of the IT systems and tools.
- Ensure day-to-day maintenance tasks are performed, (backups, system monitoring, including review of logs, to verify the integrity of hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes)
- Regular contact with end users, solve problems, and increase production efficiency.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures including coordinating and communicating with management, vendors, and impacted constituencies.
- Manage and review daily backup operations ensuring that all required data is successfully preserved on appropriate media and sent offsite in accordance with archival policies.
- Oversee the creation, administration, and management of user accounts.
- Upgrade and configure software in support of business applications.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Participate in the management of server patches and upgrades on a regular basis.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative solutions to enhance system administration.
Must be willing to participate in off-hours/weekend support as needed.
- 4+ year degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience and certifications
- At least 4 years’ experience supporting a corporate IT environment
- Experience with administering multiple operating systems and platforms (Windows, Linux, Solaris.
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures of system administration including but not limited to: Windows Server, Linux, Active Directory, Azure AD, Microsoft 365, and VMware)
- Strong familiarity with Active Directory and Group Policy
- Hands-on hardware (computers, servers, software, systems, networks, printers, scanners, and network cabling) experience required.
- Excellent trouble-shooting experience (hardware, software, TCP/IP, applications, OS) required
- Proficiency in administration and support of computer hardware, network, servers, desktops, security, backups and email
- Excellent communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Successfully perform job duties with limited supervision
- Knowledge and understanding of network applications, web servers, email servers, firewalls, databases, file shares and print servers.
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans
- Ability to travel and maintain a flexible work schedule
- Cisco CCNA and/or Microsoft MCSE certification preferred
- Experience supporting Azure technologies, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Desktop and Server operating systems.
- Experience with Solaris/Linux administration
- Familiarity with Backup/Disaster Recovery strategies.
- Understanding of network (WAN and LAN) routing, TCP, IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP, and other related internet protocols.
- Knowledge of MS Active Directory, Group Policy, MS Windows Server OS, VMware/virtualization, Enterprise Antivirus, Bit locker Encryption management and MS Exchange
- Experience with implementing and fully utilizing remote network management and monitoring tools
- Microsoft Deployment toolkit, Windows Deployment Services, and/or Intune Autopilot
- Experience configuring, implementing, and supporting virtual server environments (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Experience configuring, implementing, and supporting various server applications (SQL, IIS, etc)
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than necessary when applying for any of our roles. Click here to find out more on our GDPR policy.