CUSTOMER SUPPORT FIELD ENGINEER
GLOBAL COMMUNICATION INFRASTRUCTURE
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join the Xtera Customer Service team in turning up Fiber Optic Subsea DWDM telecommunication systems. The scope of work covers a wide range, such as installation, manufacturing, customer training, design documentation and remote support for our submerged and land-based equipment. It also involves international travel, and working with several contributors, both internal and external to Xtera.
Another key element is being the interface between Xtera and the customer. You are expected to be a lead contact in the day-by-day communication with the customer. As well as facilitating efficient communication with other parties involved in the project, such as consultants or subcontractors.
- Provide support to our customers working with Transport Engineering, Planning, Network Operations, and Project Management groups.
- Provide product support for DWDM and Submarine product lines including testing and turn-up, customer lab trials, and field trials.
- Develop test plans for DWDM trials and field implementation.
- Develop MOPs (Methods of Procedures) for specialized installation and/or testing requirements.
- Provide technical support for Network personnel and be part of a team that is available for 24/7 customer responses.
- In addition, the ideal candidate will assist with the development of training and present training sessions to customers on DWDM products and applications.
- Work as part of a team to update product documentation and work closely with engineering and planning groups to help with to design, optimize, quote, and implement DWDM applications.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- The person must be a Self-Starter and team player focused on enhancing customer satisfaction. Possess excellent project management and organizational skills to document technical fieldwork.
- Global Travel is required, up to 60% – at times, with an adjusted annual travel of 40%.
- Proficient with common PC products, such as Microsoft Office.
- Basic understanding of Optical principles.
- BSEE, BSCS, or BS with telecommunications emphasis preferred.
- 5+ years Telecommunications experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of SONET/SDH architecture.
- Comprehensive understanding of Optical principles.
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than necessary when applying for any of our roles. Click here to find out more on our GDPR policy.